I can go on and on about how I am passionate about design and how it has shaped my life, but in all honesty it hasn’t done anything significantly different to me – there is no story if you are looking for one. I could have even dropped some deep pseudo-philosophical gibberish here (trust me, I am really good at doing that) about ‘well designed things’ but most of it is justification for plastic junk or digital products which keep you glued longer to your screens so that..well..more plastic junk can be sold to you.
But I do not condemn or condone anything – I just think that the awareness of what one engages in must always be there, because often it is the path-breaking and well-hyped ‘good designs’ which end up either in lawsuits or in a marine animal’s gut.
I just design and make things because it comes to me naturally (like how it comes to a majority of people on this planet – design, as an act, isn’t anything special or exclusive to a select few). Like everyone else, I am not the best but I will get better at it.
If you like my work, let me know; if you do not like my work, give me the details on what to improve. Regardless of all that I do wrong as a designer, at least my spellings are spot on.
- Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant
College of Art & Design,
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester (Jan ’17 – present)
– Teaching Assistant for a graduate level design history & writing course and a senior industrial design course on accessibility.
– Teaching Assistant for a graduate course on 3D printing and product design supported by Makerbot and Autodesk.
– Co-authored a paper for E&PDE Conference 2017.
- Designer – Researcher
Studio930 Design Consultancy,
Simone Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Rochester (Jun – Aug ’17) | (Jun – Aug ’18)
– R&D for a data-driven customizable cushion for prevention and management of pressure sores.
– External consultant to a healthcare startup for user interface development, branding and information architecture.
– Led the development of a passive cooling packaging solution for extending the life of blood bags in-transit.
Freelance Consultant, New Delhi, India (Feb ’15 – Aug ‘16)
– Website design, graphics and content strategy for clients ranging from home decor showrooms, hardware fitting manufacturers and filmmakers.
- Design Intern
Visual Communication & Graphic Design,
Ideafarms, Gurgaon (Jun – Jul ‘13)
– Assisted the visual communication design team for website development, promotional content & information architecture.
MFA – Industrial & Product Design
Rochester Institute of Technology
College of Art & Design (expected 2019)
B.E. – Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
(2009 – 13)
Phone: +I 585 287 OO-five-eight